Tuesday, September 22, 2009

H1N1 STRIKES!

What a miserable few days we've had! I now understand why the flu kills those who are already weakened! We, along with the family upstairs have been struck. High fevers, chills, body aches, headaches, sore throats, and a horrible cough are some of the symptoms we've had. I hope this is not a sign of what this winter has in store for us (I think winter is already here. There is snow on the mountains and it was 40 degrees today. YIKES!) I think we are on the mend and are hopefully now immune to this yucky flu.

Poor Matthew didn't even want to celebrate his 5th birthday. He has been looking forward to this birthday with much anticipation. We were able to drug him enough to celebrate around 1030 pm Friday night. I wish I had taken more pictures, but H1N1 had taken me over! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW.

Mario Kart came just in time! We have watched way too many movies and played too much ds.


DRUGS!!!

My poor sick boys


13 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh Brooke, that stinks! I'm glad you all are on the mend. Poor Matthew! I guess he won't forget that birthday any time soon.

Trisha said...

oh, that almost made me cry, poor Matthew! Birthdays are so important when you're little.
I'm glad you're all starting to feel better now.

Jeremy, Brandee and Payton said...

oh you poor things! is it really H1N1? i do hope you guys are feeling better! i will call you very soon, i feel as if i am hybernating early! take care!

Dan and Sara said...

Brooke - I can't believe you actually have H1N1. Your poor little family! I hope you start to feel better quickly. Poor Matthew, what a bummer! We'll keep you all in our prayers!

XXX

Sarah said...

Oh Brooke, how torturous! Poor Matthew. It is the worst being sick on your birthday. I am hoping that when my kids were so sick this summer they had swine flu so we can be immune from it this winter. It is probably wishful thinking! I am glad you all seem to be on the mend.

Jossie said...

Oh sad! I feel for you guys.

Rachael said...

Poor things! Hope everyone gets better soon and stays healthy!

Court and Jill said...

So sad!!!! Sorry guys..that's just awful.

CEO said...

Brooke-I do remember you! Yes we are in Fairbanks and it is getting cold.How do you like Eagle River? I have been there a few times. It is great to see your pictures. If you are ever in Fbks, let me know.

Matt&Melissa said...

Brooke, how awful! I am so paranoid about my kids getting that stupid bug...I'm glad you are starting to feel better! Poor Matthew being sick on his birthday...although, I can't believe he is already 5!

Cathie said...

Oh no Brooke! That looks like complete missery! I am so sorry. I am so glad you are not the weak and made it through! ...
About winter being here. Oh you sweet girl 40 degrees is going to feel SO SO good in no time!

jazmikkutty said...

nice blog

jazmikkutty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.