Friday, August 7, 2009

Winner Creek Trail

This last weekend we hiked the Winner Creek Trail by Alyeska Resort. I would have to say this was the highlight of my Alaska adventures thus far. When you get to the top you can ride across the river in a hand tram. I was surprised at how high above the water the tram was. Not for someone who is afraid of heights! Matthew and Drew loved it. It is 2.5 miles each way. Drew's legs hurt for 3 days afterwards. He slept in until 1100 the next day and literally couldn't get himself out of bed.







The freezing cold water didn't seem to bother Matthew




Drew's first bear encounter


Beluga Point just south of Anchorage

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Looks like fun. Why is it called "Winner" Creek Trail. Are there pizes at the end? If not there should be with that kind of name!

Rachael said...

Was it your favorite bc it caused your son to sleep in or for the adventure? JK! Looks like fun! I love that you get to experience a whole new world!!!

Rachel H. said...

such beautiful places. I'm still trying to figure when I can make it up there. My brother has two for one tickets on one of the airlines that has to be used before the end of the year, so I figure by then!

Jessica @ Alaska's Best Grocery Deals said...

I've lived up here for over ten years and I have never heard of that trail, the tram looks cool, I think we will have to try it out!